CEU's - Spanish Course for Nurses and Healthcare Providers
Spanish for Healthcare Providers is a specialized program designed to help health professionals communicate with their patients in Spanish. Students learn the names of body parts, action verbs, and useful phrases typically used in a medical setting.
The material is divided into 10 lessons. Each lesson consists of 3 parts: the introduction of the new words, guided practice, and translation exercises. The 60 minute CD provides correct pronunciation by a native speaker. The combination of the 90-page Audioscript, the oral exercises, and the Workbook, when used concurrently, give the student the confidence needed to communicate effectively. Students read the lessons while listening to them, then apply the skills acquired to complete the 74 written exercises. After concluding the exercises students can check their answers at the back of the Workbook. If you are a beginner or an advanced student eager to increase vocabulary or improve your pronunciation and communication, this program will provide the tools you need.
Includes 15 contact hours - CEU's - certificate upon completion of course with passing score.
Maria Oliveira Language Learning Center is approved as a Continuing Education Provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15113.
The following steps will enable you to obtain a Certificate of Completion:
1. Students have one year from the date of purchase to complete this home study program. Therefore, before beginning your studies, schedule your lessons with specific time goals in mind, allowing plenty of time for review before taking the final test.
2. After completing all your practice exercises, take the open book test. If you have followed each lesson in sequence and allowed for a full review, you should be able to answer the questions with minimal searching for the correct answers. Write your answers clearly on the forms provided.
3. Return completed exam in the time allowed to:
Maria Oliveira Language Learning
3150 Hilltop Mall Rd., Suite 13
Richmond, CA 94806
4. You must get a minimum of 70% of the answers correct in order to receive credit for the course. If you score lower than 70% you will be notified in writing. At the same time, you will be notified of a test retaking opportunity and a new date of completion.
5. If you score 70% or higher, a Certificate of Completion will be issued.
6. The test will be reviewed and the certificate issued within two weeks of receipt.